PRODUCT OWNER ENERGY
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
As a product owner, you make your mark on the energy market by working on new and innovative solutions every day. You lead a Scrum team that works together to deliver optimal IT solutions. You determine the team's priorities to ensure that innovations become a reality within our organisation. In this role, you are an entrepreneur, you identify opportunities for optimisation within the organisation and can put these into practice. Your work includes fully developing these new ideas. One good example is the spike app, which allows us to predict and resolve spikes in our grid load. This helps us prevent our electrical grids from becoming overloaded and ensures a reliable energy supply for our customers. As a product owner, you pay continuous attention to new trends and developments and determine your team's vision.
You contribute to the energy of today and tomorrow by:
- creating and communicating a vision for the final product.
- transforming requests into (IT) solutions that match the agreed policy.
- collaborating with your development team, the Scrum master and other product owners.
- co-creating with open source or commercial partners.
- managing the product backlogs (prioritising and describing user stories).
- monitoring progress.
We are Alliander, a group made up of various companies, including Liander, Qirion and Kenter.
We develop and maintain the electrical grid for millions of users in the Netherlands. That's quite a challenge, especially as the energy transition is now in full swing. Thankfully, we can count on the knowledge and skills of our 7,000 professionals. Together, we devise and realise technically smart solutions to prepare our electrical grid for the future. We also try to minimise our carbon emissions while doing business sustainably.
In this role, you will join the 7,000 employees of Liander, the grid operator. Together, they manage the daily distribution of gas and electricity through our grids.
You share your expertise within the System Operations department. On the work floor, you'll find 15 multidisciplinary teams of 7-10 people who are young at heart and ambitious. Although the teams work hard, there's still time for a joke and a friendly pat on the shoulder. Thanks to the intensive teamwork, they are also very close. System Operations works in an Agile way to deliver the energy supply of the future. System Operations is thus an essential part of Liander and is always looking for new innovations that improve our service.
Your working conditions
- You have the energy, we give you the space – the space to get the best out of yourself. Because that benefits everyone: you, Alliander and most of all our customers. And there's more. In this role, you can expect (based on a 38-hour working week):
- A gross monthly salary of up to €6,001 (scale 10).
- A permanent contract after one year.
- A Personal Budget of 18% of your annual salary on a full-time basis. You can choose to have this paid out, to purchase extra leave days or to pay it into your pension.
- An allowance of 70% of the statutory minimum wage for parental leave hours. This applies if you take parental leave after one year of service.
- 36 hours (4.5 days) extra saved leave each year. You can use this leave or save it for up to 10 years for a sabbatical etc.
- A long-term employability budget of €500. You can use this for career development, a gym membership and/or ergonomic home office furniture etc.
- A pension with ABP. Alliander pays 70% of your pension premium.
- A fixed year-end bonus of 5.94%.
- Alliander offers you plenty of space and opportunities for development. We work with the best trainers in the Netherlands. You can choose from a wide range of training courses, workshops, study programmes, study books, webinars and e-learning modules.
- An NS Business Card or a mileage allowance if you travel by car.
- A gross contribution of €360 and discounts on supplementary insurance if you have a collective health insurance policy with Zilveren Kruis Achmea.
- A laptop and mobile phone, or Bring Your Own Device.
You'll be surprised by the excellent working conditions at Alliander. We have listed these for you at https://werkenbij.alliander.com/arbeidsvoorwaarden
Your energy helps you excel as a product owner. Your vision inspires the members of your Scrum team every day. You are responsible for bringing together the right people in that team. If something isn't working well, you immediately take decisive action and implement changes. At System Operations, we say that as a product owner, you run your own company and focus on creating value. The members of your friendly and fun team enjoy Friday afternoon drinks together and organise trips on their own initiative. And as a product owner, you don't just manage your team: you also contribute the new ideas and proposals that arise in your creative brain. We encourage out-of-the-box thinking. Depending on your experience, you may coach other product owners who you take under your wing.
You also have:
- At least a completed Higher Vocational Education (HBO) degree in a technical field.
- At least four years' work experience as a product owner or entrepreneur.
- Completed a study programme in IT/energy technology and/or work experience in electrical engineering, control engineering or a comparable technical field.
- Please note, you must be resident in the Netherlands. If you do not live in the Netherlands, we will not be able to process your application.
We have space for your energy!
If you would like more information about this vacancy, please contact Peter Wessels, Chapterlead System Operations via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31652305498.
If you would like more information about the application procedure, please contact Astrid van Dijk, Corporate Recruiter, on email@example.com or 06-28064791.
Alliander screens all applicants. Depending on the position, the screening process may include taking up references, assessing the authenticity of identity documents and degree certificates, an integrity survey and requesting a certificate of good conduct. The application procedure may include an assessment.
Astrid van Dijk
+31 (6) 28064791